!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOALS:

"A goal without a plan is just a wish."

Antoine de Saint-Exupery  

I believe you are never too old to learn something new.  There is just too much in our World to either just be exposed to, or learn about on various levels.

In the past I have done what I needed to take care of myself as I earned a living through my working years.  I have Paid My Dues, and now am ready to get involved with whatever I find of interest within reason of time, expense and ability.

Since I just found I do have a talent in drawing and painting, and the fact that the State of Georgia through Amendment 23 gives those over age 62 free tuition; I am now attending college to get a more formal education in the field of arts.

I seeking two degrees a B.A. in Studio Art and after receiving my B.A. in Business Management I only need one marketing class then for the B.S. in Art Marketing.  It is also a possibility to next go after a Masters degree in Art.  

Why?  My new education certainly should improve my art skills in many areas for my enjoyment and possibly profit.  I also can see that new skills would allow me to teach on a local level to people who are like myself and have no idea of what they might be able to do, but want to try and just enjoy the experience.  Not everyone can afford to go to college, and others cannot even afford art classes.  I also want to continue writing; moving on to more well known publications, and also possibly writing a "How To" or "Information Book", and yes, I have a great idea for a novel too!  As time goes on with my art education, I also believe I would like to open my own art gallery space here in Dahlonega with showing my own art.  Right now I am having a lot of fun joining different art groups in North Georgia and entering art exhibits. At the moment the only teaching I want to do is to show other artists how to better themselves through marketing in our areas, and I am working on showing as much art as I can make in all the places I can find to show it.  

I create small Goals to work for such as trying to enter as many Georgia Counties and next to enter in other states.  I most want to seek awards in Acrylic, Mixed Media, and Photography, but I do many other types of art.  At this time I will seek awards wherever I can find to enter my art.  There are very few gallery shows to enter in my area and that is why I am using county fairs.  I did have one museum showing and would like to have more art shown in a museum.  I have had two major art publications and would like to have more of my art published.  Personally I like the reward of knowing that I have helped individuals to improve their art techniques and skills and how to and where to market their art.  I work at trying to get to know as many artists and what they make and where they have been and where they want to go as to what are their Goals.

I am thinking life is looking too short...  and the list of possibilities is long...

.............